Name: Large 360 Derek's Dalek MiniTree
Based on Derekbackus' design of his MiniTree made of steel, we have adapted his design to a cost effective coro version.
The Large Version of Derek's Dalek MiniTree uses panels with 17 Pixels/RGB nodes for a total of 170 nodes in a 360 degree configuration. You can install as many or as few nodes as you like. The tree also includes our 12" 20 node star that is held in place with two nodes and reinforced with a steel rod.
- 10x17 MegaTree node configuration 170 Nodes total
- Pixel spacing of 2.25" center to center
- includes 12" 20 node star (white coro only
- Tree panels are available in Black or White
- Made from 4mm fluted plastic (coro)
- Mini tree is 39" tall without star and 50" tall with star mounted
- The base is 23" wide and the top is 3" wide
- The back panel has a series of ziptie mounting holes to attach tree to a stake or 1/2" EMT Conduit
- 100% American Made from Material, Design, and Fabrication
The inside of the tree has the score marks for folding. I recommend that you pre-fold these seams before putting the tree together. Install pixels or RGB nodes of your choice. Take the star and install the metal reinforcement rod if it isn't already installed, make sure it is in a channel that doesn't obstruct a node mounting hole. Then bend the star mounting tab slightly just below the star to make it straight when the tree is complete and it keeps the reinforcement from falling out. Make all wire connections now. When you are ready to close the tree, install the zipties loosely until you have them all in place then you can tighten them up to make the tree close. Place one outer shell faced down, then place the backer panel and finally the second outer shell faced up. Align all the ziptie holes on one side first and install the zipties loose. Then rotate the tree and begin installing the zipties loosely again. You may need to bend the ziptie like a hook on the end to help feed the ziptie through the holes. Now you can tighten up the zipties and the tree is complete.